BROOKSIDE COTTAGES POLICIES AND RULES
At Brookside Cottages, we want your vacation experience to be outstanding. The following rules are meant to enhance, not hinder, your stay. Please notify us immediately is something is not working properly.
Check in time is 3:00 pm.
Check out time is 10:00 am.
Please do not arrive before the above check in time as we need the time to properly prepare the house for your stay.
KEYS: Cottages – please leave key on counter in cottage at checkout. House – please lock doors and return key to lock box.
QUIET HOUR: The resort starts quiet hour at 10 pm. Your fellow guests will appreciate your consideration.
RECREATION ROOM: The recreation room is open from 10:00 am to 11:00 pm. NO children under 12 are allowed in the recreation room unattended by adult. Please make sure you go over the rules with your children and they abide by them. We have found cans, wrappers, pool balls and sticks, ping pong paddles all thrown on the floor. Please return pool sticks, ping pong paddles and balls to the proper place and properly dispose of trash. Please turn off lights, tv and shut door when leaving the recreation room. We reserve the right to refuse access for non-compliance.
POOL & HOT TUB RULES: Hours are 9:00 am till dusk. There is no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk. Children under the age of 12 must have their parents with them. Babies must wear swimming diapers. Diving is not allowed in the pool or hot tub. No drinks in the pool, the pool edge or hot tub. No glass of any kind in the pool/hot tub area. Please refer to the POOL & HOT TUB RULES SHEET.
WATER TRAMPOLINE: The water trampoline is here for our guests enjoyment. They can be dangerous if used irresponsibly. Please watch children at all times and follow safety rules.
No wet bathing suits on furniture.
CAMPFIRES: Do not leave campfires unattended. Make sure the fire is extinguished before you leave it.
TOILETS: Other than toilet paper, IF YOU DIDN’T EAT IT, DON’T FLUSH IT! If you flush anything other than toilet paper, it will plug the system and disrupt your vacation. You will be held responsible for damage.
TRASH: A trash dumpster is provided at the road side of the recreation building. Trash pick up is Thursday morning. ALL TRASH must be in trash dumpster before your departure. You will be charged $10 per bag left in the house.
SMOKING: NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE COTTAGES OR HOUSE!!! If you smoke in the house you will forfeit your damage deposit or be charged $250.00. You may smoke outside but PLEASE pick up the cigarette butts. You will be charged $5.00 for every butt left in the yard.
WASHER AND DRYER: A coin operated washer and dryer have been provided in the recreation room. Please keep the area clean, remove clothes as soon as they are finished so other guests may use them. Please clean lint filter after dryer use. We do not have a coin changer. You are to provide your own detergent. Please notify us immediately if not working properly.
FISH HOUSE: Please clean all fish in the fish house located behind Cottage 1. Please wrap all fish waste in paper and place in trash can provided. Please clean up the area after each use.
POOL AND HOT TUB RULES
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of and to assure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool and facilities. Your cooperation in abiding by these rules will ensure a pleasant relaxation and recreation for all concerned. These rules may be revised or additional rules established at any time by the management.
Failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for any action deemed necessary by the management including the barring of violators from the use of the pool area.
SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK! NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY!
1. Any person not an occupant of a rented cottage or house on BROOKSIDE COTTAGES property is a guest and must be accompanied at all times by an adult Brookside Cottages rentor (a person 18 years of age or older). ****This rule is subject to change if overcrowded conditions occur.****
2. No children under the age of 14 allowed in the pool area unless accompanied by an adult. If the child is 14 or over, they must be able to swim in order to come to the pool alone. Make sure your children know the rules and regulations of the pool and the importance of abiding by these rules.
3. No food or glass is allowed inside the pool enclosure. You may use non-breakable containers, such as thermos glasses, paper or plastic cups. Alcohol is not allowed in the pool area.
4. Proper swimsuits must be worn in the pool. Cut-off jeans and thongs are not allowed. Bobby pins, clips, and hair apparel are not to be worn in the pool.
5. All persons entering the pool should be as clean as possible. No persons deeply covered with suntan lotion or bath oil are allowed in the pool.
6. No roughhousing or running is allowed in or around the pool.
7. For personal health, it is required that no person who has an infectious or communicable disease enter the pool. Admission shall be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, colds/cough, infections or wearing bandages.
8. Radios may be played provided the volume is kept so low so as not to disturb others.
9. The management is not responsible for any injuries that may occur at any time within the pool area, and assume no liability for articles left in the pool area.
10. The pool may be closed at any time due to either breakdown or other operation difficulties and/or at the discretion of the manager. Jumping the fence when the gate is locked will result in the suspension of pool privileges of all violators involved.
11. No abusive language will be tolerated.
12. Children who are not toilet trained and anyone who is incontinent must wear waterproof pants.
13. All trash, cigarette butts, matches, etc. must be put in proper waste containers. Please help us keep our pool clean.
14. The management reserves the right to refuse entry or to deny pool privileges to anyone at its sole discretion who violates the rules.
15. Floats and inflatable toys are allowed in the pool but only when the pool area is not crowded.
ITEMS TO BRING
- Toilet paper
- Paper Towel
- Trash Bags
- Wood for campfires
- Linens, towels & beach towels
- Blow dryers
- Any specialty kitchen supplies you may need. We supply basic cooking utensils, coffee pots and toaster.
- Personal toiletry items
- Board games, puzzles, cards
- Portable crib or playpen if needed
- Infant life jacket if needed